5 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2016 1:04 AM by Charlie Archer

LoD - Aggregate Pairs of People and Aggregate those Pairs by # of Categories Paired on - TWBX

K. Marie

Hi All,

I'm just getting started with Tableau 9 and I have a visualization I need to show in a bar chart and/or a straight count.

Each person answers a questionnaire (Category/SubCategory) and is matched with other people that have the same answers for Category/SubCategory.

Here's what I need help with:

• I need to count the number of categories a person matches on with another person(s) - they can't have more than 4 categories, but they can have less. At this point, I don't need to know their subcategories, just whether or not they match on categories. I'm assuming this would be a LOD fixed on categories?
        • I need to count the number of people who match with someone else on 4 categories
        • I need to count the number of people who match with someone else on 3 categories
        • "" 2 categories
        • "" 1 category

I would also need help with the corresponding percentages for the number of people who match with each of the 4, 3, 2, 1 groups (out of the total population).

I think where I am getting tripped up is that I have a right and a left person and I'm not sure how to count those, and then aggregate them again because I have a right and a left person.  I tried to do a {FIXED [Category]: COUNTD([MATCHING PAIRS])}, but then I think I need to somehow create buckets for the 4, 3, 2, 1, and then aggregate again something like {FIXED [Buckets]: ...}?

It would be so helpful if someone could help me and then comment the calculated fields so I can understand and learn.

Thank you.