1 of 1 people found this helpful
Please look into these documents:Filtering Views using URL Parameters | Tableau Software
Hello Tarun, did you get any answer/resolution to your question you have posted, as I am also facing the similar problem, so need to understand where I am going wrong.
Can u plz share ur workbook? So that we can provide u proper answer.
Here is the file, this is not the actual file as my back end is HANA and it is not related to the datatype problem , parameter that I need to pass is a string value.
I tried to imitate what I am trying to achieve. My tableau file is the integration of different data sources with an ID column common in all datasources.
1. I have created a global parameter.
2. Created Filter on ID and made it global too in each sheet or each source,
3. when I am selecting any value of ID from the parameter, all sheets should get affected from selected ID, which is happening in the current situation.
Now actual issue -
I have to publish only the dashboard and no sheet on the server. when I am publishing this to server, it is generating a URL like
1. How will on this URL, I will pass a value to ID.
2. How will parameter in the tableau file read the value which is passed in URL and all sheets behave accordingly, means to ask - how the integration between Value passed in URL and capturing it in the dashboard will happen.
3. I am not sure, whether the global parameter I have created is the correct solution or not, if not how would I achieve the same functionality by passing the value to ID in URL.
Param_Passing_Sample.twbx 1.3 MB