Hello Eva - The approach you have taken is the right approach. You might try one more connecting live to the datasource and rename fields in Tableau and then republish the datasource. If it doesn't work then try to aliasing at the source qualifier level. You can write Custom SQL and their you will aliasing your required columns.
Thanks, Manideep Bhattacharyya
I will try this. We're going to add another field to the underlying view, so potentially that update may help. I sometimes have the hope that some sort of change will trigger other updates in the data ;-)
Did you ever get this issue sorted out? I'm having similar issues.
I agree. This is quite annoying, and if there's a workaround, I haven't found it yet (in 9.3.17). I have three reports working off the same published datasource, and they all have different calculated fields and such built on top of the published DS. I rename something in the published DS and expect the changes to propagate to all three workbooks using it, but they don't.
It kind of defeats the point if I have to rename "drig screen" to "drug screen" in the published DS and all three other workbooks!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I take it back -- I found a workaround that I *think* works, though it's still annoying to need a workaround.
I published the same datasource as a second datasource called "DELETE"
In the workbook based on that published DS, I did "edit data source" and switched it to the "DELETE" datasource, then immediately switched it back to the original published DS. This seems to have fixed the problems without breaking anything, though I haven't done extensive testing yet to see if all my defaults (e.g. color settings) propagated correctly.
Still would like to see the changes automatically propagate from published DS to workbooks that use it.
This, as silly as it felt to do it, completely solved my issue. I didn't have any issues with color settings or whatnot either.