1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2016 10:42 PM by Shinichiro Murakami

Difference between strongly agree survey results - Part II

Diogo Braga

This discussion is expanding on https://community.tableau.com/thread/205810

The solution proposed on that thread answered my question, but it didn't give me the flexibility I needed to create my visual.

My goal is to calculate the difference in 'Strongly Agree' responses between survey results from the current admin to the last admin for several metrics for 50+ schools.

I was hoping that the calculation below would work, but although it shows calculation valid, it's not returning any results.

{FIXED [School Year] ,[Period],[Metric]: MAX(if [School Year]  = "2015-2016" and [Period] = "Fall" and [Period] = "Spring" and [Response] = "Strongly Agree" then [Value] end)}  -  {FIXED [School Year] ,[Period],[Metric]: MAX(if [School Year]  = "2014-2015" and [Period] = "Spring" and [Response] = "Strongly Agree" then [Value] end)}

I am looking to show how the current survey admin grew of dropped when compared to the last survey admin. In the final visual the difference would show inside each square, as shown below:

2016-05-10_0844.png