4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2018 2:04 PM by Rafael Schaffer

Sparkler Configuration Issue

Arun Yadav

Hi All,

We are trying to configure SPARKLER Connector to integrate Tableau with SFDC i.e. to embed Tableau views on SFDC canvas.

During this process in Task 3 “Configure Sparkler” on page no 23 in sparkler configuration guide, its required to configure the Salesforce field to map to the Tableau User. We have a valid Tableau User as well as valid Salesforce user and have done the required mapping as well. But still on sparkler status page, we are getting error.

What should be the format of value which has to be given in sparker.xml file for the below given string.

Any help in this issue will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Arun

• 1. Re: Sparkler Configuration Issue
          Matthew Rose

The values are given on page 22 of the documentation that came with Sparkler:

Configure the Salesforce field to map to the Tableau user. Set sparkler.sfdc.userIdentifierField to one of the following values:

 username: This takes the Salesforce username and maps it directly to the Tableau username. For example, if the Salesforce username is joe@example.com, joe@example.com is used as the Tableau username as well.

 username.user: This takes only the name but not the @ character or domain name from Salesforce username as the Tableau username. For example, the Salesforce user name joe@example.com becomes joe as the Tableau username.

 email: This takes Salesforce email address field for the user and maps it directly to the Tableau username. For example if joe@example.com is the Salesforce email name, joe@example.com is used as the Tableau username.

 email.user: This takes only the characters to the left of the @ from the Salesforce email address as the Tableau username. For example, if joe@example.com is the Salesforce email name, joe is used as the Tableau username.

 userId: This maps the Salesforce user ID and directly to the Tableau username. For example, if 005x0000001SyyEAAS is the userId, 005x0000001SyyEAAS is used as the Tableau username.

 signedIdentity: This takes the value of the signedIdentity setting and maps it directly to the Tableau username. You set this value if you're using custom mapping. For more information, see Appendix J: Custom Mapping and the "signedIdentity" Parameter.

... But I'm guessing you knew that.  What isn't so obvious is that the parameters are case sensitive, and the documentation is wrong for a few of the parameters.  For example, "username.user" should be "userName.user" in the Sparkler.xml file.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sparkler Configuration Issue
            Alex Woodcock

I'm actually seeing this same error. The sparkler.sfdc.useridentifierfield is listed twice... Once is set correctly as 'username', and there's a second instance listed that is an invalid value, just like in Arun's original screenshot.

Is this some misconfiguration in the sparkler.xml file?

• 3. Re: Sparkler Configuration Issue
              Alex Woodcock

And... I solved my issue using Matthew's suggestion. The documentation says to put in 'username', but putting it as 'userName' cleared the second instance of the useridentifierfield. Thanks Matthew Rose!

• 4. Re: Sparkler Configuration Issue
                Rafael Schaffer

Thanks for sharing! The correct parameter is "userName"!

Would be extraordinary if someone corrected the PDF and uploaded the correct version to Tableau website...