1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 2:57 AM by Carl Slifer

Date format in parameters

Matan Bracha

Hi All!

I'm building a dashboard, in which I have 2 date parameters - "From Date" and "To Date".

The dates' format is mm/dd/yyyy and I want to convert it into dd/mm/yyyy.

I managed doing so where the dates are seen on the graphs themselves, but I couldn't change it in the parameters.

I already changed the date format in the date field itself, and I've also changed the format in the parameter definition  - and yet, I keep seeing the date in mm/dd/yyyy format.

In the attached screenshot you can see the parameter definition and how I actually see the date in my dashboard.

parameter.PNG

If anyone has another advice for me - it'll be great

Thank you!!

• 1. Re: Date format in parameters
          Carl Slifer

Hi Matan,

I have ran into this a few times. I can only get this to work if use the range/list options. I believe this is because the type in is independently formatted fixed based on someone's region. The US does it different from Europe etc.  If you allow allow a range and put it on a Slider it will work. I cannot tell you know exactly why or if it will be fixed but I can give you that workaround. For whatever reason it must be on a slider and I really believe this is intended so that the type in works based on the end-users region.

Cheers!

Carl Slifer

InterWorks