1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 4:31 PM by Keshia Rose

Date Parameters, Filters to set baseline and target values

Joseph Miller

I have a dataset (attached) that includes performance data from a school district for the past ten years. The data are organized by year, subject, and grade.  The data are reported as counts of students who performed at each level (level 1-4 with 1 being low and 4 high performance).  I have been trying to figure out how to create a dashboard that allows a user to set a baseline date and target amount of growth in proportion of students performing in levels 3 and 4. 

For example, I want the user to be able to select the year 2013 as the baseline and to set a target growth (e.g. 20%) and a target date (e.g. 2018).  I want the dashboard to show if they district is "on track". 

So, if the baseline year is 2013 and the proportion of students at level 3 and 4 (sometimes called percent proficient) at grade 3 is 50% and the user sets the target growth as 20% growth (to 70% at level 3 and 4) by 2018 I want the dashboard to show whether the user is on-target in 2015.  In this scenario the target percent proficient (L3/4) for 2015 would be 60%. 

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Are there examples I can look at that would help me understand how to use date parameters, filers, and calculated fields to solve a problem like this? 

Thanks, Joe