6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 5:36 PM by Jeff Strauss

Best Deployment Practice for SSO on Multiple Instances of Tableau Server Across Different Domains?

andrewvincent.yap

Hi everyone,

A corporate conglomerate client is asking for a deployment recommendation for having multiple Tableau instances across different organizations and domains. They want key stakeholders to have single sign-on access to these servers. What is the best way to go about this? Some have mentioned using Microsoft ADFS and referred me to this link (Authenticating an External Tableau Server using SAML & AD FS), but I am not too familiar with ADFS and the situation discussed in the blog post is slightly different.

Are there other recommended deployment methods or Is ADFS the best practice?

Cheers,

Andrew

-----

To further explain the situation, suppose the client is made up of Business A, Business B, and Business C. The respective IT departments of each business will manage 1 instance of Tableau Server on their own domain. As the president of the congolomerate, I should be able to access each of the servers of A, B, and C using single sign-on, even if A, B, and C are on different domains and networks.