2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 5:16 PM by Owen Pierce

Dynamic reference lines?

Owen Pierce

Hi,

I have two problems which I am hoping someone may be able to help me solve (workbook attached).

Problem 1 (Sheet 1)

I have some data on research performance for some Chinese universities. I also have the same data for another university which I would like to visualize as a benchmark through reference lines on the scatter plot I have put together (rather than as a separate shape).

The problem I have is the x and y axis are controlled by a parameter and there are different research fields which I want the user to be able to choose between (also set up through a parameter).

I am not sure what the parameter and calculation needs to be in order for the reference lines on both the x and y axis only to pull the relevant data for the institution marked "benchmark institution". The visual representation I am looking for is to grey out all the institutions that fall below the benchmark reference lines. Also I am not sure how to get the x axis label under the x axis instead of on top. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Problem 2 (sheet 2)

I want to display a simple table of data on a dashboard for consumers to be able to view the data for each metric by cycling through different research fields. For some research fields (in the example in the attached workbook see "dentistry") there is no data and therefore when a user selects "dentistry" the entire table disappears. Instead what I want is for the measure names to remain visible but in the values section just have a string value "no research output". I am not sure if this is even possible so again would really appreciate if anyone can help,

I have attached the workbook with the progress I have made so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Owen