4 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2018 11:13 AM by Emily Snyder

Checkboxes not displaying

Gray Jones

Hello,

I'm working on building a web connector.  When I run it in the simulator everything works fine.  However when I run it from within tableau my checkbox input fields are not showing up.  What browser is being used under the covers?

Thanks for any help

• 1. Re: Checkboxes not displaying
          Gray Jones

Okay I don't fully understand this but it seems somehow the embedded browser doesn't render checkboxes (or radio buttons for that matter) correctly. When I ram my connector in the simulator with chrome it worked fine.  However running the same simulator from within tableau my check boxes stopped displaying.  When I added the following to my .css file they started rendering from within tableau.  I'd rather not have to custom style my checkboxes - but at least I can move forward.  Hope this helps somebody who comes across the same problem

input[type="checkbox"] {

-webkit-appearance: none !important;

-moz-appearance: none !important;

appearance: none !important;

display: inline-block;

position: relative;

background-color: #dde1e2;

border-radius: 6px;

/*padding: 4px;*/
             padding-top: 2px;

margin-bottom: -2px;

cursor: pointer;

height: 12px;

width: 12px;

}

input[type="checkbox"]:active,

input[type="checkbox"]:checked:active {

box-shadow: 0 1px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.05), inset 0px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.1);

}

input[type="checkbox"]:checked {

background-color: #dde1e2;

border: 0px solid #dde1e2;

color: #777;

}

input[type="checkbox"]:checked:after {

content: '\2714';

font-size: 10px;

position: absolute;

top: 2px;

left: 2px;

color: white;

}

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Checkboxes not displaying
            Brendan Lee

Hey Gray,

You are using a Mac I presume? Please let me know if not.   The checkbox/radio button rendering bug is a known issue.  Under the covers we are using QT 5.4 WebKit as our browser, and it is a bug that exists in that browser. 

The good news is we recently found a fix for this problem and that fix will be coming out in a future maintenance release. 

But thank you for posting your workaround! I think this will be very helpful to some developers in the meantime.

-Brendan

• 3. Re: Checkboxes not displaying
              Gray Jones

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I am on a Mac - didn't occur to me that could be an issue.  Glad you guys are working on a fix.  I'll leave my custom .css in for now and will gladly remove it in the future.

• 4. Re: Checkboxes not displaying
                Emily Snyder

Brendan,

Is this something that is still a known issue? We are experiencing something that sounds similar to this but I'm not on a Mac. We have an embedded dashboard that when we access it initially the radio buttons and check boxes do not appear. If we click around to other dashboards and come back they finally show up.