I'd guess you simply forgot to run this script when you initially installed TabJolt.
The "Notices" you see above are telling you there are no objects to drop...they haven't been created. If you had run this script previously, there WOULD exist and you wouldn't see these notices...the DROP TABLE statements would execute as usual.
Now that the tables actually exist (I'd double check inside pgadmin3), I suspect you'll be ready to go.
First I have executed postgresDBSchemaPart2.sql, and config other steps from ur blog even before going to go --t=testplans\InteractVizLoadTest.jmx --d=30 --c=1.
But as i realised the issue at data source level, I went back from the scratch again to check. I have re-executed again postgresDBSchemaPart2.sql and saw the above error msg.
Since those tables saying does not exists, I am/was assuming the data source level is failing at workbook.
Just to make sure that i understood, you saying the "Notices" error msg is not the cause for my data source to fail ?. If yes, what am missing ?
Thanks for replying on this.
Also to add, I have installed Tabjolt on other server al well. On my first run of postgresDBSchemaPart2.sql, i believe i have seen the “notices” error msgs.
But to make sure, i have uninstalled and installed 9.3, 9.4, still the “Notices” error msgs were coming.
You had no tables inside the PostgreSQL database to "receive" data from TabJolt.
You generally don't want to install TabJolt on the Server you will be load testing - because TabJolt itself will use resources on the Server that you want Tableau leveraging...
I have installed tabjolt on some other server where i wouldn't be load testing tableau server. But yea thanks for letting me know. i will avoid that.
Since there are no tables on PostgreSQL database to "receive" data, how to trouble shoot. Even re running that sql script, i am seeing the same error msg.
I was curious on if tables exists on my postgres or not as u mentioned. So i did select * from table_names.
Looks like i have tables created. But no data inside that. I am attaching screen shot on jmeter_data table below.
Am wondering on which step does data gets loaded into the tables ?.
Yup - looks like the tables are there. You could also use pgadmin3 to look at them.
Are you getting errors in the console re: Not seeing data in jmxcounters.tsv and zabbizcounter.tsv?
I have troubleshooted few of the setting that needs to be done. And am seeing some improvements.
Now the data sources are working in tableau desktop. I have uncommented the jmx counter in dataretriever.config.
Am seeing some data in pgadmin, but not reflecting in dashboard.
Also am seeing the below error msg in cmd. do you know anything about this ?.
I have already enabled JMX counters for Tabmon, and it's working fine there.
Failed to get the object from the pool due to the following error: ConnectException: Connection r
The Health Service failed to open JMX connection with component: vizqlserver#1, service URL: /jnd
Now I am am getting data in jmxcounters.tsv and zabbizcounter.tsv in tabjolt config file.
But dont have data in jmeter_data, jmeter_group,test_name, and some tables in PerfResults - pgadmin.
I have data in some of the tables through.
HI Russell ,
I came across a blog on the errors am getting on this link - The Mondo Tableau Server TabJolt Series – Part 3 - Tableau Love
Over there it says - "You didn’t change the host name. Note how the JMX connection messages reference localhost".
I have given my server names in -- dataretriever.config.
And in servertestconfig.yaml, in the Host url, i tried with our tableau server URL link, server name, server name wid domain name. But nothin is working.
Any more suggestions you can think of.
It probably would be best if you simply post all of your config files. That way the folks here can look at them and try to spot any errors they contain.
----------- ServerTestConfig.yaml -----------------
# tableau server host name:
# HTTP User-Agent
# server database connection information
port: tableau postgres port
password: postgres password
name: tableau server login