5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 6:18 AM by Joshua Cloud

Count of customers with more than n orders, by country, in packed bubble chart

cherillin.gritton

Hi Tableau gurus,

I have been breaking my head trying to solve this problem on a proprietary dataset. I have tried using the SuperStore dataset hoping that a simpler dataset would help, but to no avail. I've attached a packaged workbook.

In the parlance of the SuperStore dataset, I know that there are some customers that only have one order and others that have two or more Order IDs. I would like to count, by country, customer IDs that have 2 or more distinct Order IDs. For example, Customer ID 2 who lives in the US has only one order, and so I would not want to count that customer in the total for the US.

Once I know how many customers in each country have two or more orders, I'd like to display a packed bubble chart with country names and the multi-order customer count.

I've played around with various table calculations but can't get anywhere that makes sense. I'm sure it can be done! Thanks for any help you can provide.

CL