7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 11:15 AM by pooja.gandhi

Looking for basic insight on how to do the following..

Richard Nielsen

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for reading. I have a question in regards to a custom report i'd like to create.

Overview: We create campaigns across Google, Pinterest, Facebook etc. Each campaign has a 'namespace' attached to it. So we may run a campaign for 'XX-01' across various different mediums. I have all sorts of data that is all combined into one spreadsheet. Now I'd like to do the following based off the above.

Two questions:

1. I'd like to create a report and organize it by the 'namespace'. So my plan was to create a SET with a formula that contains 'XX-01'. I can manually do that for each campaign 'namespace'. Then I can combine all of those SET's together to get what I am looking for. Will this work? An example would look like:

XX-01

XX-02

XX-03

XX-04

etc.

2. Once I have my 'namespace's organized, I want to create calculated fields for columns based off the 'source or medium'. For example:

Facebook Clicks

Google Clicks

Pinterest Clicks

etc.

This is where I am stuck. Can I just create a calculated field that says ONLY count clicks that have the source contain 'Facebook'. Then proceed to do this for each source?

I hope all of this makes sense. So in the end my data would look like:

Namespace - SetsFacebook ClicksGoogle ClicksPinterest Clicks

XX-01

XX-02

XX-03

XX-04

Would love to hear any input based off the above. I think I am on the right track, but would like to know if I am! I am more concerned with question number 2. Could someone show a sample formula that could work for #2?

THANKS!!!