2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 6:44 AM by Christy Smith

How to Change Project Descriptions?

Christy Smith

This is a small and possibly silly question, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the description of a project on Tableau Server once it has been created.  I figured out how to change the name, but not the description.  My IT Admin created a project for our first live extract, and I'd love to edit the default description he left to be more illustrative of the contents.  The only workaround I can think of is to create a brand new project and then move all of the content over, but it seems there ought to be an easier way!

Thanks for any suggestions!

• 1. Re: How to Change Project Descriptions?
          Toby Erkson

You didn't tell us what version you're using.  So I'm assuming you're using the same version as me

For 9.2:

1.  Make sure you are in the correct Site.

2.  Click on the Content link

3.  Click the name of the Project.  This will take you to the properties page for that Project.

4.  Click the Details link.

5.  Click the Edit Description box.

6.  You can now edit the text within the "About" text box and click the Preview button to see how it will look.

7.  Click the Save button to save your changes.

8.  Or click the Cancel button to exit without saving any changes.

9.  Done!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to Change Project Descriptions?
            Christy Smith

Thank you so much, Toby!  I knew it had to be hidden somewhere in plain sight.    And, yes, we are on version 9.2.  Need more coffee this morning, apparently!