1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 6:22 AM by Shinichiro Murakami

how to create a correlation chart between noise level and % of people annoyed

Joe Smith

In the dummy csv file there are three columns of data: user ID, noise level, and if the user feel annoyed by the noise level (y: feeling annoyed, n: not feeling annoyed).

1.PNG

I want to create a chart like the following that shows the correlation between the noise level (x axis) and the corresponding percentage of people feeling annoyed at that noise level (y axis).

Capture.PNG

May I ask how to create this correlation chart in Tableau?

I know how to create cumulative frequency distribution chart for a given continuous numerical variable (e.g. noise level, see image below), but I cannot figure out how this type of bi-variant correlation chart can be created. I assume some kind of calculated field needs to be created that calculates the percentage of people voted annoyed for a given noise level ...

Link of chart: https://public.tableau.com/views/percentageannoyedchart_v001/Sheet1?:embed=y&:display_count=yes&:showTabs=y

Image 3.png

Your advice is greatly appreciated

1 2 Previous Next