2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 5:19 AM by Stephan Matz

Use field in calculation but not in filter

Stephan Matz

Hello everyone,

can i use a field only for calculations in a calculation field without marking it´s element in a quick-filter list?

Bargraph_bevor.JPG

The field [Verfg_Betrieb_Dauer_Akt] is used for calculations of the blue bargraph, but the user shouldn´t use it´s element (ANL_Betriebszeit.PV) in the filter.

If ANL_Betriebzeit.PV is unchecked, the field [Verfg_Betrieb_Dauer_Akt] cannot used for calculations. See the next picture.

Bargraph_after.JPG

Here is the calculation:

Calculation.JPG

How can i hide this element in the filter list, or how can i work arround this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Use field in calculation but not in filter
          Bill Saltmarsh

Hi Stephan,

One of the easiest ways to do this is to create a set of all the values you actually want to show in your filter list. So, for your example, you would right-click on the field and create a set that includes only the values you want to include in the filter. Then you put that new set on the filter shelf, and then show the filter. That filter will now remove the value(s) from the list that you left out of the set.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Bill

• 2. Re: Use field in calculation but not in filter
            Stephan Matz

Hi Bill,

thanks for your response.

I tried your suggestion, but it works only partially. See next picture!

TableauWithSets.JPG

Only elements are shown in the filter, which are configured in the set "Fahrbereiche". But the bargraph is also cleared. I think the calculation for this bargraph also lose the Data of that removed value!

How can it be calculated in the background without marking in the filter list?

Any Idea

Cheers,

Stephan