2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 3:05 PM by Adam Smith

Reset All Mark Labels to Automatic

Adam Smith

I have some area charts where I have mark labels on.  I have them set not to overlap, but sometimes to get a specific view for a presentation I will right click, and select Mark Label > Always Show.  Is there anyway to reset all the Mark Labels to Automatic so that when I post the file to the server the mark labels will show up correctly?

• 1. Re: Reset All Mark Labels to Automatic
          Joe Oppelt

Essentially you are saying that you want the published version always to be automatic, but at times you are asked to get a view that overlaps, and there are a bunch of marks you have to do this to, and it's a pain to undo it once you're done.  Correct?

I don't know of a reset method other than to back-arrow.

Consider this.  SAVE before you start this.  Make your changes, and get your view, and then do File-> "Revert to Saved" to go back to your original.

Or consider this:  Duplicate the sheet.  Call it Adam's Chart.  No matter what you do on it, the published viz will still be the old viz.  Even if you save.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Reset All Mark Labels to Automatic
            Adam Smith

You described exactly what I'm trying to do Joe.  It's a dashboard, so duplicating it would be hard, but saving it and reverting back to it will work.  Thank you!