1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2017 1:52 AM by Archana Sharma

Adding a collapsible menu section to a dashboard

Dan Zehner

I'm trying to add a collapsible menu section to a dashboard, like in this post: https://www.tableau.com/about/blog/2016/1/how-create-collapsible-menu-container-tableau-48610

However, I can't seem to get the filtering action on the dashboard to actually hide the menu section and resize the container with my dashboard viz in it... I have set up the containers just like their workbook, or at least I think I did.

Here's what my dashboard looks like at the moment:

2016-02-23 16-02-04_Tableau - New HERO Tool with Steve's data- with navigation menu.png

And here's what it should look like if the menu was turned off (different workbook without the menu, but you get the idea):

2016-02-23 16-03-41_Tableau - New HERO Tool.png

Here's some screenshots of my container layout:

2016-02-23 15-57-19_Tableau - New HERO Tool with Steve's data- with navigation menu.png2016-02-23 15-57-31_Tableau - New HERO Tool with Steve's data- with navigation menu.png2016-02-23 15-57-42_Tableau - New HERO Tool with Steve's data- with navigation menu.png

The top level Horizontal container is Floating and sized to fit off the sheet, whereas the rest of the containers are tiled within it.

Here's my filtering action that should toggle the menu area on and off:

2016-02-23 15-59-47_Tableau - New HERO Tool with Steve's data- with navigation menu.png

I can't attach the packaged workbook, since it has company proprietary data in it, but I can work on one with a dummy data source in it if we can't get this figured out. Any ideas on this would be awesome! Thanks in advance for your help!

1 2 Previous Next