3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 3:03 AM by Mark Fraser

Null values

Maleeha Matin

Hello. I am trying to plot the trend using hourly data but when there was a big chunk of null values in the middle, there seemed to be a connecting line. I looked up on the internet and tried the "hide(connect line)" in the marks tab but that did not work for me. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Null values

Hi Maleeha Matin,

This article could help you dealing with Null values.

Tell us if that is not what you were looking for; the community could surely help you!

Lenny

• 2. Re: Null values
            Maleeha Matin

Thank you. I tried those but for some reason nothing seems to be working.

To: Maleeha Matin <maleehamatin@yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 11:44 AM

Subject: Re:  - Null values

#yiv6205987376 * #yiv6205987376 a #yiv6205987376 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6205987376 #yiv6205987376 h1, #yiv6205987376 h2, #yiv6205987376 h3, #yiv6205987376 h4, #yiv6205987376 h5, #yiv6205987376 h6, #yiv6205987376 p, #yiv6205987376 hr {}#yiv6205987376 .yiv6205987376button td {}

|

Tableau Support Community 

|

Null values

reply from Lénaïc RIÉDINGER in Forums - View the full discussionHi Maleeha Matin, This article could help you dealing with Null values.Tell us if that is not what you were looking for; the community could surely help you! Lenny

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Tableau Support Community

Start a new discussion in Forums by email or at Tableau Support Community

Following Null values in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Tableau Support Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Tableau Support Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences   |

|

• 3. Re: Null values
              Mark Fraser

Hi Maleeha

You may have more luck with this article > Handling Null Values | Tableau Software

It describes almost exactly your situation.

You can either hide the nulls, or revert them to 0, using the ZN() function.

Failing that, we would need some kind of sample to provide more accurate assistance.

Cheers

Mark