2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 10:18 AM by Michel Roberge

Offline Activation and Server veryquiet Install mode

Michel Roberge

Hi all,

I was wondering, do you know if it is possible to do offline activation through command-line? If yes, how?

My challenge is when I do a /veryquiet installation, if the server must be activated offline, I would like to generate the .TLQ file from command line. Is that possible?

Also, anyone attempted to build a script to run a complete working silent installation? I saw the thread there: Tableau server silent installation

I am trying it, seems to work well (at least for now), unless I'm offline. Of course, activating a license fails. But I would like to know if anyone has already a working script?

Currently, I do the following (simplified for readability):

set trusted hosts variable (we use trusted authentication)

set install dir

install my-oem.exe /dir="install dir" /veryquiet

stop server

restore backup (we have a default admin user we want to use in initial configuration)

customization (logo, name, etc)

set trusted hosts

tabinstallck -activate mykey <-- How can I handle this if this fails?

configure

start

Thanks!

Michel

• 1. Re: Offline Activation and Server veryquiet Install mode
          Toby Erkson

No idea but I do like the idea of a silent install.  Would be cool for it to run unattended for one (because it takes so long now) and just spit out a status & beep when done e.g. Install completed with the following errors or There were no errors, something like that.

• 2. Re: Offline Activation and Server veryquiet Install mode
            Michel Roberge

Interesting enough, I get a "Setup failed" when I run in very silent mode.

When I look at the log, I get the following:

2016-02-22 12:33:48.573 -0500_DEBUG_10.235.246.188:PC117_:_pid=92972_0x66da85__user=__request=__ Component::InitError: Unable to init component Components::Vizportal (5 of 17): MultiCommand::ReportableError: Command 'E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin/tabmigrate.exe db:migrate "WG_SERVICE=tabsvc" RAILS_ENV=production "INSTALL=true"' failed with code 1, result was (in E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin)

rake aborted!

No migration with version number 9

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

file:/E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin/tabadmin.jar!/lib/component.rb:582:in `task_init'

org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1615:in `each'

org/jruby/RubyEnumerable.java:951:in `each_with_index'

file:/E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin/tabadmin.jar!/lib/component.rb:547:in `task_init'

file:E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin/tabadmin.jar!/lib/service/init.rb:337:in `run'

file:/E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin/tabadmin.jar!/lib/service.rb:636:in `init'

file:/E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin/tabadmin.jar!/lib/commands/initialize.rb:54:in `run'

file:/E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin/tabadmin.jar!/lib/multicommand.rb:231:in `dispatch'

file:/E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin/tabadmin.jar!/bin/tabadmin.rb:29:in `(root)'

org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1058:in `load'

file:/E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin/tabadmin.jar!/bin/tabadmin.rb:1:in `(root)'

org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1033:in `require'

file:/E:/STARLIMS/AA/Server/9.2/bin/tabadmin.jar!/META-INF/main.rb:36:in `require'

<script>:3:in `(root)'

But then, when I activate the licenses and import the backup, everything seems to work just fine. Anyone ever saw something like that?