2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 10:49 PM by Bora Beran

LOD, Parameter and Hierarchy in Tables

Maxime Kehon

Hello Community,

Somebody could help me to keep my LOD calculation consistent along my entire dashboard?

I have created the basic following LOD:

{ FIXED [Req ID]: MAX([Value])}

Which gives me a total of 580 which is correct. However when I try to use a parameter or expend a hierarchy in a crosstab to split the views of my dashboard by this or this dimension, everything is double or triple counting...

My understating of the problem is that for the same Req ID I get many possibilities for some fields. For example because in the same Req ID I have one raw data showing Management as Assignment and one other raw showing Worker as Assignment when I try split the view by Assignment then it is counting the same Req ID two times.

My idea to fix that is dived the LOD by COUNTD([Select Metric] but then it is only fixing the pie chart and not the rest...

What I want basically is that my totals stay consistent.

Thank you very much for you help,

Have a good weekend,

Maxime

• 1. Re: LOD, Parameter and Hierarchy in Tables
          Shinichiro Murakami

Maxime,

This statement not correct.

My understating of the problem is that for the same Req ID I get many possibilities for some fields. For example because in the same Req ID I have one raw data showing Management as Assignment and one other raw showing Worker as Assignment when I try split the view by Assignment then it is counting the same Req ID two times.

Because you are calculating "Max" for different group , those never match.

ie) sum of Max of ID = 50 + 30 + 200 + 300

Max of Management = 300 + 30

Max of worker = 50 + 30 + 200 + 300

I don't understand What "Max" represents in this case and what do you want to calculate with "Max"....

If I put "sum" instead, and remove "Fix", everything looks clean with total 1740..

Thanks,

Shin

• 2. Re: LOD, Parameter and Hierarchy in Tables
            Bora Beran

The issue is that ReqID=4 and ReqID=2 are spread across onshore and offshore.

What LOD calc does is to compute the Max for each ReqID and joins it back to the main table.

So the same value will appear for both onshore and offshore since there is a ReqID matching both.

The question is what should each metric show when you toggle settings. It is correct that Max Value for that ReqID is that value. If you split the value in half to get the double count than the bar chart would be incorrect.