1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2016 5:08 PM by Bill Lyons

API, cleared Marks markEventListener

Robert Yu

Background:

I am using one dashboard to control another dashboard through the tableau API.

On the first (controlling) dashboard I am using viz.addEventListener(tableau.TableauEventName.MARKS_SELECTION) and marksEvent.getMarksAsync()

I then use sheet.selectMarkAsync to select the same marks on the second (controlled) dashboard.

Question:

This works fine. However, when I clear the mark selection from the controlling dashboard the controlled dashboard remains highlighting the selected marks. Is there a way to also clear the mark selection in the controlled dashboard when I clear the mark selection on the controlling dashboard?

• 1. Re: API, cleared Marks markEventListener
          Bill Lyons

According to the Javascript API reference, the MarksEvent is "Raised when marks are selected or deselected." Perhaps you need to use clearSelectedMarksAsync() to clear the selection?

I hope this question does not offend, but I am curious why you are controlling one dashboard with another? Why not have both sheets in the same dashboard and use the built-in Actions for them to interact? Is there a reason they need to be separate dashboards?