9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 3:25 AM by Archana N

Actions on Summary dashboard to open detail dashboard:

Kumar B

Hi ,

I have 5 dashboards in  a workbook,first one is summary dashboard,if we click  on a particular count(Channel Count) that count Details  dashboard should open,and if we click on other count value (Adapter count) ,Adapter Details Dashboard should open,.and if we click on other count value (adapter channel count) it should open adapter channel details dashboard.

note:I tried with menu action filter ,but the requirement is without menu actions

• 1. Re: Hi ,
          Tableau kumar

Hi,

I am explaining step by using another example here.

1) Create a calculated field to get the no . of states for each Region.

Name: No. of States

Syntax: {fixed[Region]: countd([State]}

2) Place the Region, aboove calculated fields on the view, it will show No. of States per each Region. (Distinct count ).

3) Create another report by dragging only [Sates] field.

4) Darg the 2 above reports on the dashboard.

5) Define the action filter from Region Report to State Report.

6) If you select any value from the No. of States, those many states will be showed in next report.

Best Regards

Kumar

• 2. Re: Actions on Summary dashboard to open detail dashboard:
            Kumar B

Hi Tableau Kumar,

if we apply  action filter  within the dashboard reports will filter ,But the requirement is i have table report in summary dashboard ,if we click on a value in summary dashboard it should show that details report in other dashboard.

Note: i have 5 dashboards ,one is summary remaining 4 are details dashboards

1)Summary

2)Channel count dashboard

3)Adapter count dashboard

4)audio channel count dashboard

5)video channel count dashboard

if we click on particular  value channel count in summary dashboard that related data should show in Channel count dashboard(Detail)...

if we click on particular value in adapter count ,it should open adapter count dashboard

• 3. Re: Actions on Summary dashboard to open detail dashboard:
              Kumar B

Hi Good Morning,

Any Suggestions on above discussion Please....

• 4. Re: Actions on Summary dashboard to open detail dashboard:
                Chris McClellan

I'm guessing your text table has vertical scroll bars (ie more than just 3 Product Codes for the viz)

If you do have scroll bars, the only "real" solution is to add the multiple URLs in the tooltip.  This is because a dashboard action can only go to a single URL per sheet, so unless you have multiple sheets for your data, you can't change the target dashboard for each column.

Sorry, I don't understand the numbers though, when you say "if we click on 182 count it should show 182 related details dashboard should show" - what are you wanting to do ?

Any chance of a twbx ?

• 5. Re: Actions on Summary dashboard to open detail dashboard:
                  Kumar B

Dear Chris McClellan

in that text table i have 100 product codes so getting vertical scroll bars,

Actual requirement is if we click on value in channel count in summary dashboard, channel count detail dashboard should filter and open,and if we click on a value in adapter count dashboard ,adapter count dashboards should filter and open .

accordingly ,user need to navigate from summary to detail

so,Actions should apply on dashboard level.

Thanks&Regards,

kumar

• 6. Re: Actions on Summary dashboard to open detail dashboard:
                    Archana N

Have 4 or how many ever you want - that many URL actions:

URL action1:

Name: Goto Product Code Detail

Source Sheet: <Src sheet>

URL: <link to your detailed report - you can pass product code as parameter here to detailed dashboard>

URL action2:

Name: Goto Channel count Detail

Source Sheet: <Src sheet>

URL: <link to your detailed report - you can pass Channel count as parameter here to detailed dashboard>

and so on...

Now - all your URL actions will be available in tooltip - click on the URL that you want to see the detailed report for and you can filter the detailed report for particular field by passing it as a parameter.

There'r no cell-level linking possible (as far as my knowledge), but this is one of the good way to work it out.

Thanks.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Actions on Summary dashboard to open detail dashboard:
                      Chris McClellan

That was what I was going to suggest

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Actions on Summary dashboard to open detail dashboard:
                        Kumar B

Dear ARCHANA N and CHRIS MCCLELLAN,

Thanks for your solution ,

First i tried with menu action filter ,

if we click on some value in summary dashboard it will show tool tip like menu ,

then user can select the detail dashboard

what he want to see,

is there any other solution ,Please suggest,it will be very helpful .

thanks,

kumar B

• 9. Re: Actions on Summary dashboard to open detail dashboard:
                          Archana N

I doubt - if cell-level linking is available in Tableau.