2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 6:52 AM by Abhishek Yadav Branched from an earlier discussion.

What is the logic used by Tableau Server for deleting the history from its postres tables?

Abhishek Yadav

Hi Team,

We are migrating the data from postgres to oracle, as postgres deletes the history. So we are looking for the logic how the data is being deleted in tableau workgroup database. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Abhishek

• 1. Re: What is the logic used by Tableau Server for deleting the history from its postres tables?
          Justin D'Cruze

The default for the hist_ tables is around 6 months, although it's possible to increase or decrease that using the following tabadmin command (see tabadmin set options for more info)

wgserver.audit_history_expiration_days

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What is the logic used by Tableau Server for deleting the history from its postres tables?
            Abhishek Yadav

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your response. As I was going through an article so found that when the data will be deleted. But I want to know the logic behind some tables which update the data instead of deleting the data. I found below information, means when the data gets deleted:

+++++++++++++++

All hist_ tables are controlled by the tabadmin set option wgserver.audit_history_expiration_days, which controls how many days of event history are kept in the repository and has default value of 183 days.

The _http_requests table is cleaned of all data older than 7 days every time tabadmin cleanup or tabadmin backup is used. For more information, see Remove Unneeded Files.

The _background_tasks table is cleaned automatically and keeps data for the last 30 days.

All other tables with names that begin with a "_" prefix contain current data.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Now as we are building the logic to save the lost data as well as current data using "Informatica" and we are loading the data into Oracle database. But unable to get the appropriate logic. Can anyone from the community help me to understand the logic. It will be very helpful to me as well as to my project.

Best Regards,

Abhishek