2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2016 2:31 AM by Karen Morgan

Pricing model to Customer/Client

Kishore Kumar

Hello,

What all the considerable metrics to charge back/Prices customers/clients to use Tableau application?

I'm thinking like based on Tableau infrastructure, licenses, maintenance and support activities, the price should be applied to customers on

1. No.of Sites, Projects, Volume & Size of Workbook or Dashboard
      2. Charge on User (May be Groups)

I think charging on User will be good. Any thoughts? or If you've already something, what was that?

Thanks!

~KK

• 1. Re: Pricing model to Customer/Client
          Bill Lyons

I'm not clear what your question is here. If you are suggesting that Tableau consider different pricing models than what it currently has, you might want to vote up and comment at Improved server license model for medium size companies . If you have questions about prices for your organization, I suggest discussing them with your sales rep.

• 2. Re: Pricing model to Customer/Client
            Karen Morgan

Hi Kishore --

I'm having the same issue.  I'm considering passing along the costs like this:

1a. Flat fee per year per company to access the data

1b. Hourly rate for any work I do to create, manipulate and/or administrate the data

OR

2a. Flat fee per year per company to access ONE dashboard. Scalable flat fee per year per company for access to more than one dashboard.

2b.  Same as 1b.

Since I'm 5 months behind you on thinking about this, I'd love to hear what you came up with, and if your concept worked financially for you and your business.

Thanks!

Karen