1. The First thing you have to do is delete the content in the Temp folders.
2. Then Open the Tableau Data Source and the remove the extract from it, before removing the extract make sure that you remember all the extract filters that are applied.
3. Now Save the workbook with live connection.
4. Create the extract: Right click on the data source ------> Extract data
5. Apply the necessary extract filters, if applicable
6. Now it should prompt you to save the extract, save the extract in the desired location.
7. You should be able refresh the data.
Hope it helps!
Thanks for your response. I have tried this too. Its not working for me.
I observed that the folder inside 'Temp' folder mentioned in the error message is not being created. please let me know in case you know to fix this.