8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 10:48 AM by Toby Erkson

9.2.4 installed:  Yuck -- I do NOT like what they did to the permissions display!

Toby Erkson

Here is the default view of Permissions in 9.2:

If I want to see the specific permissions, for example anything marked "Custom", I can ONLY expand ONE of the categories like so:

or

Displaying the entire set of permissions is NOT possible Come on, SERIOUSLY?!?!

Using the Content sub-menu on the Content screen is equally as fruitless:

Here is our current 9.1.2 production server and this is what I like and GREATLY prefer!

Every permission is clearly visible AND marked with TEXT, not an icon that is subject to questioning by end users!

This new 9.2 permissioning format is a step backwards.  For me it's a BIG step backwards!   I often take a screen shot of the permissions screen for Projects or workbooks for new Project Leaders, object owners, etc. to quickly and easily show them what they have.  No silly icons to [mis-]interpret and the full gamut of permission in one easy screen shot.  This big change in permission viewing looks like change for the sake of change because I see absolutely NO VALUE in the new display.  Highly inconvenient now.  Looks like my report for getting permissions has gained a newfound importance.

Would love to know why the team decided to spend precious development time on something that didn't appear broken and didn't need fixing.