7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2017 7:54 AM by mark.welsh

Getting permission settings from the Tableau Server

Toby Erkson

A while back someone had given me a workbook with permissioning that works really great but requires extracts due to the enormous size of the data and load on the Server.  While the attached doesn't provide the rich data it does provide essential data that's good enough and much more quickly!

I've taken the code generously provided by David Mannering, added some additional [borrowed] code to it for getting System and Site Administrator indicators, and wrapped it up nicely into a workbook with a basic viz ready to go (v9.1).   Everyone, make sure you edit the data connection for your specific Tableau Server.

I created this as a discussion because I can see the need for this to grow -- thus allowing others to contribute their workbooks and code -- and that there may be additional questions.  Please read the attached document and play with the report.  There are a couple additional fields, like the ones that end with "_id", that are included to help with data blending.

Please go here for the documents:  Getting permission settings from the Tableau Server

Message was edited by: Toby Erkson Attachments removed to avoid duplicity and confusion.  Added link to document that contains the necessary files.