If you want to use the Product Family to "filter" all 4 of the graphs on the dashboard at once, you should be able to do the following (Assuming you're not doing data blending).
- Add the "Product Family" dimension to one of the worksheets as a filter.
- Right-Click on the filter, and select "Apply to Worksheets" -> "All Using this Data Source"
- You should now see a little cylinder next to the filter - signifying that this filter will be applied to all worksheets in the workbook
- Now, go to your Dashboard, and from any of the graph menus - add the product family quick filter.
- When you select a product family from the dashboard filter - each of the graphs should now filter down to that specific product family.
Is that what you're looking for?
Thanks for quick response.
Here is the example i shown in the picture. If i select Product Family as "Computers", report should show me all the product line under Computer as show in the image. Product line should be displayed dynamically based on Product Family selection. Its like creating one template and passing product Line as a parameter to display multiple graphs one below the other.
I have a similar question - have you had any success with this?
I'm still waiting for the response. I'm sure we will get answers from this forum.
I have a similar requirement and have posted a question along the same lines in the Tableau community.
I am yet to find a solution, unfortunately.
Here is the link to my post: Re: How to create custom text and related visuals layout
Please let me know, if you were successful in producing such a repeating layout that is data driven.
Any inputs would be helpful.
Appreciate your time.