2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 11:17 AM by Mark Vee

Optimizing Dashboard for Printing on Legal Size Paper

Mark Vee

Hey All,

My company traditionally uses paper in meetings. I have converted Excel crosstab report into a Tableau dashboard. I am aware Tableau doesn't have the same rich printing options as Excel because it a supposed to viewed on a screen. However, I still have to produce this dashboard to be readable on 8.5" x 14" sheet. I've been playing around with the pixel and screen size for the dashboard side panel but it still doesn't seem match up with the size of the paper. Is there any suggestions?

Regards,

Mark

• 1. Re: Optimizing Dashboard for Printing on Legal Size Paper
          Kent Sloan

Hi Mark,

So starting with what you likely have already done try using one of the default sizing options for your dashboard for legal paper. Once you have a dashboard that is sized to match the legal paper the more hidden printing options can be found under File> Page Setup. Here you can define the margins, scaling,  and dashboard size when printing. I suspect that the settings under Page Setup will cover what you are looking for. Try printing to PDF first to see that it looks close then test that it works on paper. If this doesn't cover what you are looking for could you please post a copy of the PDF with notes on how you want the report displayed.

Thanks,

Kent

Dashboard Settings

Print Settings

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Optimizing Dashboard for Printing on Legal Size Paper
            Mark Vee

Thank you Kent. It worked like a charm.