Are you looking for Backing up Tableau on the AWS S3? In that case you would need to write custom code for doing the same.
If you have to use it to host all the files, then you would need a Windows client that mounts S3 as a drive and Install Tableau on the same, but that would not be a recommended option to do,
Shankar, thanks for your response. I apologize for the confusion.
I work on the product team for Tableau Server. I'm researching the possibility of implementing new features in Tableau Server. I have researched the various tools for use with S3, so I'm not looking for a FAQ. I would like to learn more about how the Tableau Server Administrator community is actually using S3.
Areas that I'm particularly interested in:
1. How advanced are your use cases. How long have you been using cloud based storage?
2. Are you using the vendor tools for managing S3, like AWSCLI and AWSPowerShell
3. What is your security model... Tokens, Access ID's, ACLs, least permissions, etc ?
4. At-rest encryption, versioning, redundancy, RTO, RPO.
5. What are the business goals? Cost savings, disaster recovery, user recovery, change control, etc.