I also have this question. I know that you can integrate R into tableau, but it would be great if there was a way to trigger the execution of a script in say, scikit-learn, and pass the resulting data frame back.
Here's a good overview of how Tableau can integrate with R -> Tableau and R Integration
As for Python, it's not something that we currently support. It is something that we are investigating since there are more & more requests for it.
Hi Bora Beran & ALL,
I have a urgent similar request,
- Creating parameter and user gonna provide input
- Passing the input to python script (~100 lines to generate table with multiple columns ~80)
- automatically execute python script after receiving the user input
- Display the results as crosstab below the parameters in the same dashboard
Please let me know whether is this is possible.
I have an idea
- From parameter filter, we can pass the value to python using SCRIPT_STR(tabpy.query),
- By using extract API for executing those 100 lines of python scripts
I think, once we pass the value to python, it can execute the scripts automatically based on that and generate extract API, i.e..hyperfile,
But the question is whether we can make the hyper in a way like a "Live connection" and display it in the same dashboard where we are displaying the filters?
Let me know whether this is feasible or is there is any other way to make it happen?
Thanks in Advance,