5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 1:43 PM by Mark Doehnert

Can I add a totals box to a Packed Bubble Chart?

Mark Doehnert

Can I add a totals box to a Packed Bubble Chart?

I have Tableau Desktop v8.2.  I am trying to add a totals box to a Packed Bubble Chart. For example, at http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/online/windows/en-us/buildexamples_bubbles.html for the chart for Furniture, Office Supplies, and Technology, I can mouse over each to get each's total.  But suppose I wanted to add a box in the upper right that would give the total Superstore sales of the three bubbles (totals of Furniture, Office Supplies, and Technology sales) or for item 5. Region Detail, if I wanted to add a box in the upper right that would give the total of all 13 bubbles. I have searched the web and the Knowledge base and don't seem to find an answer.

In my case, I have hundreds of occupational series values and organizations with a number of people in each series, and my bubbles are the organizations and the size of the bubbles is the number of people at each organization. I have a slider filter so I can view by series and a checkbox filter so I can see all, some or even one organization. I actually want the separate totals box to show the total for all the bubbles in each series, so as  I slide to look at each series and see the bubbles showing how many are at each organization, I want to be able to see the grand total of all the bubbles for that series.