4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 1:56 AM by Lucia Yang

The table "[Extract].[Extract]" does not exist

Eric Caron

Hi,

I am using Tableau Server version 9.2.0 (9200.15.1201.0018) 64-bit.  Tableau Desktop version 9.0

I have a Java program that uses the tableau SDK to create a data extract file and pushes the file to my Tableau server.  Every couple minutes the java program updates and pushes/overwrites the Tableau server's data extract.  Everything was working fine.   I then created a workbook in Tableau desktop which was connected to the Tableau server's data extract.  The workbook was using the data extract as live.  The other java program was still periodically updating the Tableau Server's extract during that time.  Out of the blue, Tableau Desktop / Server gave me this error..

==========

An unexpected error occurred. If you continue to receive this error please contact your Tableau Server Administrator.

DataSourceException: Tableau Data Engine Error: 4: SimpleDatabase::SelectMetadataName: expected found=1, actual found=0 (fk=18446744073709551615 name="Extract" nameTable="SCHEMAS") The table "[Extract].[Extract]" does not exist. Unable to connect to the server "localhost". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

2016-01-13 14:42:15.606 (VpZiRwoKpsIAABQoPgEAAAIp,0,0)

Would you like to reset the view?

===========

I can also get this error message to come out whenever I try to create a new workbook through the Tableau Server's interface using that same data extract.

See in attachment, the java code I have to generate the data extract file and publish it to my Tableau server.  I use SDK version "tableausdk-linux64-9200.15.1201.0018"

I suspect the DB that keeps data extracts got corrupted.  Even if I delete the data extract and re-run the java program to re-create the data extract the error still comes back.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric Caron

• 1. Re: The table "[Extract].[Extract]" does not exist
          kais haddadin

Hello Eric,

I am getting the same error, I am using 9.2 version and the latest Sever API from 9.2 SDK. The publish fails on the default Site (not authorized, which I don't understand because I am an admin), when I try to publish to another site, the publish works, but when I try to open the published TDE file on the server I get:

DataSourceException: Tableau Data Engine Error: 4: SimpleDatabase::SelectMetadataName: expected found=1, actual found=0 (fk=18446744073709551615 name="Extract" nameTable="SCHEMAS") Die Tabelle "[Extract].[Extract]" ist nicht vorhanden. Die Verbindung zum Server "localhost" kann nicht hergestellt werden. Stellen Sie sicher, dass der Server ausgeführt wird und dass Sie über Zugriffsberechtigungen für die angeforderte...

2016-02-01 10:38:36.292 (Vq81q8CoAloAACA4RnoAAAFx,0,0)

when opening the file with Tableau desktop, it works without a problem.

Best Regards,

Kais Haddain

• 2. Re: The table "[Extract].[Extract]" does not exist
            Eric Caron

Hi Kais,

I was able to nail down the issue to a particular scenario in my case.

Working scenario:

•    - create extract file

•   - Add data to it

•   - Publish the data

•   - Add extra data to extract

•   - republish extract file to server.  The extract file contains the data since the extract was created

Failing scenario

•   - create extract file

•   - Add data to it

•   - Publish the data

•   - Erase extract file and re-create empty extract file

•   - Add new data to extract

•   - republish extract file to server.    The server/api doesn’t like when extract doesn’t contain previously published data.  I was getting the mentioned error when trying to create a workbook on the server using the extract in question

I am not going to use the API so I didn’t pursue further.

Thanks,

Eric Caron

• 3. Re: The table "[Extract].[Extract]" does not exist
              kais haddadin

Hello Eric,

I can not even find a scenario, It look for me as if the error came one, there is not way to make the publish work correctly (until the next day maybe). I tested same scenario and it works once or twice then never again, even if I delete the file and the published Datasource on server and restart the tableau server.

Thanks for your reply, I think tableau should recheck the server API,

Kais

• 4. Re: The table "[Extract].[Extract]" does not exist
                Lucia Yang

In the demo provided, MakeAndPublishOrder.java , they didn't use the extract.close() .

Add this line after insertData(), then I can solve the problem.