1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2015 7:03 PM by Yongyuth Songsiridej

Quick Teaser: Dropdown Font Size?

Shawn Wallwork

In Tableau there are many elements that are simply not accessible, uber-tooltips for example -- they can't be edited, they can't be formatted, and the last time I checked they can't be turned off (as far as I know, to the best of my... yada, yada, yada.).

Another example of this is the text that shows up in a drop-down menu window once an item has been selected:

2015-12-08_15-25-26.png

My client's problem was that when exported to a PDF and then printed, this itsy-bitsy text is difficult to read. So she pushed me to solve this problem. After a bit of Tinkering, I was able to produce this workaround for her:

2015-12-08_15-37-37.png

The font sizes are the same in both the selection box and the drop-down menu.

So how did I do it?

[Note: I called this a quick-teaser, instead of a brain-teaser, because the solution will be obvious to all the super-users that hang out around here. This is at best a 1.5 for a brain-teaser. But I had never seen it before, and I thought some folks might find this workaround useful.]

Cheers,

--Shawn

1 2 Previous Next