4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2016 2:53 AM by GUVEN AGA

Has anyone else failed the Tableau Desktop 9.0 Qualification exam?

simon harvey

Hi,

After reading all the threads that cover the exam's, i was fooled into thinking that as i'd been using Tableau extensively, and for advanced data visualization for a while (more than the recommended 6 months), i'd be able to pass the exam!!

I'd completed all the questions on the prep guide, and a downloadable workbook that I'd found, that said if you could recreate all the examples given then you could pass the exam.

Well i didn't......... and to be honest I'm not sure why i failed.

There was one question i had to guess at as i couldn't understand the question, and one i miss understood what they meant by incremental. But other than that i answered all of the questions.

I assumed that for the workthrough questions the point were divided up between the answer and the visualization? but they cant be as you get your score as soon as you submit your answers.

I'm feeling like I'm the only one who's failed, as i cant find any post's by others that have failed............oh and extremely stupid.

Is this because everyone passes, which means I'm really stupid, or that people aren't taking the exam?

If you've passed, what did you think about the exam, and if you failed, let me know i'm not the only one please.....

Thanks

• 1. Re: Has anyone else failed the Tableau Desktop 9.0 Qualification exam?
          Rajeev Pandey

Dear Simon,

Whatever failure you’re struggling with right now, you can learn from it, and move on.It common my friend.Don’t rush into making hasty decisions – but do look for a forward path. That might require some deep thinking.Because failure is normal, and lots of people fail time and time again before meeting with success

Remember  Mr. Michael Jordan words..

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

I am 100% sure that so many members got failed but no one showed the courage to speak in front of everyone. You stood up and showing the Perfect example of strength and courage.It needs immense power of strength of doing like this. Think twice where you missed and rectify those mistakes.

In addition to that,help forum members in solving the problem . Share the sample certification  question if you remember any so that it can help others .

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Has anyone else failed the Tableau Desktop 9.0 Qualification exam?
            simon harvey

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the kind words......

I had thought about referring to some of the question but don't think this post would last to long if i started listing the question i could remember.

I really wish there was a better way to get feed back, as i was sure i did well.  I kept most of my visualization simple, and came up with answers that matched the options....I doubled checked the fields and and filters, as i'd made the mistake before of not reading all aspects of the question. But still seemed to have got them wrong.

Any way onwards and upwards, i just wish they offered a discount for a second attempt, I can think of a better way of spending $250 this close to Christmas!!

• 3. Re: Has anyone else failed the Tableau Desktop 9.0 Qualification exam?
              Rajeev Pandey

Dear Simon.

This January I will also appear for Tableau certification.It would be great if you can share some your questions which you faced while giving the examination. I would love to be in contact with you

rajvivan11@hotmail.com

• 4. Re: Has anyone else failed the Tableau Desktop 9.0 Qualification exam?
                GUVEN AGA

Hi Simon ,

It is exacly the same for me ... and you are not the only one in this situation .. don't worry !!  I have no Idea  why I failed.

Of course , for some questions (3 of them) I did not have the answer.. and I chose  randomly one answer... and did not answer one question.

Is the score based only on the answers  or the exam is also based on DATAVIZ skills , I don't really know.. and how they can evaluate the DATAVIZ skills?

Just Imagine , If a candidate answers all the questions with the right answers without opening the provided files and tableau as well , will he be  certified??

Regards.

Guven