4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 7:18 PM by Chris McClellan

What is the difference between Tableau mobile and Vizable

Fei Yu

Hi All,

I never used both of them, all I know is they are both for mobile device. I have googled this and nothing can be found.

Thanks

• 1. Re: What is the difference between Tableau mobile and Vizable
          Shawn Wallwork

Robert Morton will be happy to tell you I'm sure.

--Shawn

• 2. Re: What is the difference between Tableau mobile and Vizable
            Rajeev Pandey

Tableau Mobile is the fastest way to stay on top of your data from anywhere.

With Tableau Mobile you can explore your data and ask new questions. With a fast and fluid navigation experience, your data is the star. View local snapshots of your dashboards, even when you’re offline.

Tableau Mobile Features:
            • Scroll, search, and filter to find the vizzes and dashboards you need.
            • Interact with and filter your data to understand relationships.
            • Use the full edit mode to pose entirely new analytical questions.
            • View big, beautiful snapshots of your favorited dashboards while offline.
            • Tableau Mobile is secure with Kerberos, SAML, and other authentication options.

Vizable, an entirely new mobile application designed to help people see and understand data with just an iPad.Vizable makes data analysis more fun and approachable than ever. It connects to spreadsheets right from your iPad. It supports native-touch gestures for asking and answering questions of your data. That means you can  explore your data by pinching to add fields, swiping to filter, and dragging to reorder. And it’s fast! From data import to calculations and animations, it put in a lot of effort to make everything fast and fluid.Vizable is currently available worldwide in the Apple iTunes store in English. It supports data in many international formats today, and will be translated to other languages in the future.

As per my knowledge Tableau mobile is available on for both Android as well as IOS environment but Vizable is currently only available for IOS

• 3. Re: What is the difference between Tableau mobile and Vizable
              Paul Moran

Hi Fei,

In brief:

Vizable is a free iPad app that turns your data into beautiful, interactive graphs. The Vizable product is a great solution for ad hoc offline analysis on an iPad using row and column based data saved in CSV, XLS, or XLSX file formats. Currently there is no way to connect Vizable to Tableau Server.

Tableau Mobile is a free iPad app that you can download from the App Store. Use it to explore and share views published to your Tableau Server version 8.2–9.1, or to Tableau Online. Browse snapshots of views you add to Favorites even when you’re not connected to the internet.

Paul

• 4. Re: What is the difference between Tableau mobile and Vizable
                Chris McClellan

Vizable - only on iPad, the user has the data and build their own viz's

Tableau Mobile - any tablet (ie not phones, but can be iOS or Android), leverages what's been built in Desktop and uploaded to Server.