1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 1:22 PM by diego.medrano

MaaS360/MDM Integration

Savi Sanghara

Hi all,

I am working on developing mobile capabilities for my organization and I wanted to know if there is any integration between Tableau Mobile and MaaS360.

I read that App Wrappers have worked on GOOD (MDM) but no information regarding MaaS360.  If the Mobile App is cannot be integrated, is there a browser option?  What capabilities are available when viewing Tableau through a browser?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: MaaS360/MDM Integration

Hey Savi,

While Tableau Mobile doesn't have any direct integration with any other apps, you are correct that using a browser is possible with app wrappers. With the browser, you have full functionality of Tableau Server with a few minor differences. The mobile app is overall better suited for using a touch display; with better support for swiping, pinching, etc. However, the browser will still recognize that a mobile device is in use and does a reasonably good job of allowing for touch maneuvers. You will also need to find vizzes and workbooks as normal as if in Tableau Server. On the plus side, you can use web edit in the browser.

I would give it a try and see how it works for you.

Keep in mind, the info above also applies to Tableau Online.

-Diego