1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2015 9:02 AM by Simon Runc

How to use pie chart as filter and retain original percents?

Saniya Waghray

Hi everyone,

This may be a simple question, but I've been struggling for a while so figured I'd ask.

Unfortunately the data I'm working with is confidential, so I'll just try to explain as best I can, since I can't attach my workbook:

Essentially, I have one sheet that has multiple pies with the same breakdown of pie segments (for instance, let's say I was comparing 5 different stores, with each pie containing % breakdowns of apples, oranges, and bananas)

I am trying to use that pie chart as a filter for another chart (continuing this example, let's say the 'apples' % was red - trying to highlight ALL of the red pieces of the 5 different store pies at once - so showing those different percentages - and ALSO having that same action cause a table to filter with information about those apples. I.e. the different companies this % of apples is coming from).

Currently, when I use my pie chart as a filter, it only selected ONE piece of ONE pie chart, rather than that piece across all of the pie charts. orrr if I use a quick filter, it'll change the percent to "100%" rather than showing me my original breakdown.

Any thoughts on a workaround?

Thank you!

1 2 Previous Next