3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2015 1:37 AM by jennifer brett

Headers and row labels

jennifer brett

Hello.

I have two questions, first of all..

How can I make it so that the bottom viewed header names on the bottom of the axis disappear? I've tried to remove them or make them white etc.. but it deletes the top ones as well. I just wish for the label to be at the top of the column

Examples12445.PNG

Second question:

I would like to be able to add comment/detail/tooltip to the overall project name on the second left hand column.. This is the project full name, is it possible to add a detail/tooltip to include a long description of the overall project as a hover over? I presume this is because this is not a measure but a dimension..

Thank you

• 1. Re: Headers and row labels
          Thomas McCullough

Hi Jennifer,

For question 1, right click your pills on the columns shelf to 'Hide' or 'Show' headers individually.

For question 2, drag your description field onto the Tooltip box in your marks card.  You can then edit the tooltip with that piece included.

Hope this helps!

Tom

InterWorks

• 2. Re: Headers and row labels
            Will Conklin

Hi Jennifer,

In regards to your first question, it looks like you are using dual axis MIN(Number of Records) or MIN(1) for your graphic crosstab, no? To get rid of the lablels at the bottom of the column, double click the column, which should bring up the "Edit Axis" menu. Erase the axis label on the first tab, and on the second tab, remove all tick marks.

For the second question, you're right, you can't add a tool tip description for dimension members in a crosstab. Is there any reason you don't want to add the description and use the tool tip for the regular marks within the same row? There doesn't seem to be much of a difference in my mind between hovering over the 2nd column and the 3rd to get a project description.

Cheers!

Will

• 3. Re: Headers and row labels
              jennifer brett

Hi,

Thanks, I will try this for the first option.

The reason is that the individual marks within every column and row have different descriptions of their own.

The project description belongs on the name of the project, then the traffic light has a different tool tip, and so on..

Thanks