Financial Systems Developer, TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals
- Come join TripAdvisor’s growing team as our Financial Systems Developer supporting the TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals division.
- You will be involved in all phases of financial reporting and reconciliation from requirements gathering to implementation and support.
- You will fill an essential role in the build out of our financial reporting platform.
- You will work with our Accounting, Finance, Operations, and Engineering teams to build and support the financial reporting needs of our Finance & Accounting teams across various brands, products, and data sources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with internal and external clients to understand business requirements
- Design and implement all parts of the financial reporting data model
- Design and implement ETL flows for transactional data from our internal systems and third party partners.
- Design, implement and deliver reports based on business requirements
- Work with internal teams to design and implement an effective financial control environment
- Understand the source systems and source data in detail and become a SME
- QA any work done by self and other team members
- Document all of the design and development artifacts
- Understand the current reporting environment and use that knowledge to continuously improve the reporting platform.
- 3+ years of experience in the design, development, implementation and testing of financial reporting solutions.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL, Relational Databases, and Tableau
- 3+ years of experience working with transactional data reporting.
- Strong experience with BI reporting tools is preferred
- Experience with Hadoop is a plus
- Reporting or data abstraction experience from Workday, PeopleSoft or similar GL software
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance is a plus
- Ability to communicate and work with both technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
- A problem-solving mindset; the individual should be highly motivated and self-directed
BS or BA (or equivalent) in computer science, finance, or accounting