6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 10:35 AM by KK Molugu

Community Appreciation - Pooja Gandhi

Rody Zakovich

Hello Everyone!

In honor of TCC15, I wanted to start a series of Community Appreciation talks for the month of October.

Each day, I will be writing about individuals in our community who go above and beyond to help solve questions and share knowledge.

I believe there are several individuals who dedicate many hours (And sometimes brain cells) to help make our community be so great! And I just want to recognize them for there contributions.

Though I have several people in mind, I don't want this to be solely "MY" appreciation, but the community's. So please feel free to email people who you want to give a BIG Thank You to, OR (If you want to) volunteer to write up on somebody one day this month.

You can reach me anytime at RodyZakovich@gmail.com

Ok, now on to some recognition!

Today I want to recognize an individual who I really feel is helping lead our to community to new grounds, Ms. Pooja Gandhi

As many of us know Pooja is one of our Forum Ambassadors, and she is a constant pleasure to work with. She is always jumping in and helping out everywhere you look. It is truly wonderful how much time and effort she puts in to helping out our community. She is always kind, and never reacts with a negative comment. From the first day I started on the forum, Pooja was there with encouragement and gratitude, And I know many others can say the same.

Above all, the thing I really appreciate about Pooja is her leadership. Many might not know this, but Pooja is our only female forum ambassador. I believe she is an amazing role model for other women who are trying to break through, what has predominately been, a male industry. I am very proud to say that I have been able to interact with her in our community. And I look forward to continually working with her in the future.

THANK YOU! Pooja for all of the things you do to make our community the best it can be! It is very much appreciate by all!

Best Regards,

Rody Zakovich

• 1. Re: Community Appreciation - Pooja Gandhi
          pooja.gandhi

Hi Rody,

This totally made my Friday! I appreciate the kind words, Rody. When I started using Tableau more than a year ago, I didn’t realize I am going to get amazing support from the community but I did. I had nobody at my work place to give me hands-on training. In no time Tableau Community became my go-to place for knowledge and software exposure. I learnt a great deal from a lot of smart people and owe it to them for becoming such a good user of the software.

You are right about this being a male dominated industry but it is great to see more and more women joining the stride. There are more women now than when I joined this industry a few years ago. I am a Chemical Engineer (which is also heavily male dominated) by education but in the Business Intelligence industry due to passion and I hope to keep going strong.

I feel like there is so much to learn and so little time, the way I was hooked on to Tableau and helping out in the community was the spare time I got when my data extracts were refreshing for multiple workbooks and then there was no looking back. I feel like solving problems for people gives me the utmost pleasure and there was no better platform than our beloved community because at the end of the day, that puts a smile on my face.

I don’t know if in such a short time I deserve to be an Ambassador, but I want to thank Tableau for giving me the honor and the community for teaching me so much. I will keep helping for as long as I can.

Rody, you have been an inspiration to many. Most of what I learnt about date manipulations and a lot about table calculations were just by reading your posts and your contributions to the calculation reference library . You are on your way to greater heights. Keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing you excel and hope to continue learning from your valuable contributions.

Again, thank you very much for all you have said and done!

Regards,

PG.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Community Appreciation - Pooja Gandhi
            Simon Runc

Nice one Rody! and couldn't agree more with your comments.

Pooja encapsulates all that is great about our community...Helpful, Kind, Encouraging, Patient, and Engaging (...and of course great Tableau knowledge and creative workarounds!!). Pooja has an amazing ability to get to the bottom, of what a poster is really getting at...dealing with everyone with equal levels of understanding, patience, humor, and kindness and then proving the answer in a way that is 'digestible' for the OP.

People may also miss how many 'likes' Pooja gives to other posts. This shows a truly 'selfless' quality, wanting to encourage others and make the community a better place.

Thanks You Pooja!

• 3. Re: Community Appreciation - Pooja Gandhi
              pooja.gandhi

Simon,

Thank you so much for your kindness. Sometimes technology and the 21st century makes me think, how people who have never met or seen each other learn so much from one another. I have learnt so much from you and continue to do so on a daily basis. I don't know of anyone else on the community who is as innovative as you are with your solutions!

Thanks much for the words of appreciation!

Pooja.

• 4. Re: Community Appreciation - Pooja Gandhi
                Toby Erkson

Poojie is our "girl power" representation* and she is a strong force.  I know there are many women who are fantastic with Tableau (my co-worker, Jenessa, is our "Tableau Goddess"...really, that's how I address her) but it's fantastic to have one who goes above and beyond their regular job to reach out and help others so thoughtfully.  I hope she will continue to stay with our community and be a role model for other females.

Can't wait to meet my li'l Tableau Sista at the conference

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130517082220/powerpuff/images/1/14/Buttercup-pic.png

*Of course we all fall under Mamma Tracy's wing

• 5. Re: Community Appreciation - Pooja Gandhi
                  pooja.gandhi

Rody Zakovich and Simon Runc

See this is what I meant when I said, toby.erkson is so funny and his posts are fun to read and now I can't stop laughing. My colleagues are like, 'Pooja, its Tuesday and it isn't even time to go home yet' what in the world would make you laugh like this? Too bad they don't know the answer. haha!

I can't wait to meet you either, Toby!

• 6. Re: Community Appreciation - Pooja Gandhi
                    KK Molugu

Couldn't agree more Rody Zakovich and Simon Runc. Great work Pooja Gandhi.

I have been off the community lately due to relocating the family to Bay Area after 20 years in Chicago.. Phew!. Dust has been settling now and we will back in the community pretty soon!

Love to catch up with my bros & sis's of the community at the DATA15!

..kk