do just to make sure that I understand: you have a view which shows different data in Tableau Server and on your embedded page?
That's correct, but I've found the problem. It turns out that my Server log in expired, and even though I could view things in the Server directly, requests I sent to refresh my datasource failed.
Ok, so I replied that it was fixed a bit prematurely. I am able to see up to date visualizations on my Server log in, and on my Desktop log in. I cleared my browser cache and the datasources on my webpage are still reflecting the old data. I hit the refresh button at the bottom of the visualization and I get a message on my server log in that the refresh failed due to a log in failure.
I'm at a total loss here...
also there's this error from the execution:
Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided ('MYSERVER') does not match the recipient window's origin ('http://localhost:#########').