2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2015 1:38 PM by Jeff Strauss

Authentication Problem when coming from subscription email

James Allison

I am getting looks on this question but no suggestions as to what might be wrong. Maybe this error message will help.

It reads: That page could not be accessed. Either it does not exist or you do not have the necessary permissions. As you can see from below, I created the view, I am an admin and I can see it when I am not following a link from email. Somehow the email initiated request is not seen as valid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm now I see I can't attach a screenshot in jpg format. Does anyone from Tableau read this forum?

Hi, We just got the subscription functionality going on our Tableau 9 server. I am a server admin. I can subscribe to a view and then run the subscription "now". I get the email with an image of the view, but when I click on it and go to the server I get a not authorized or the view does not exist error. I am able to log in and interact with the view. When I published the view from the desktop client I set the authentication to embed the password and allow access to all users. As an admin I am in the all user group. I don't know why the server will not let me go right to the view without the your not authorized error. Can anyone offer any suggestions.  Thanks  Jim Allison Williams College.

Message was edited by: James Allison - trying to get a response