This looks very interesting. Will check it out.
You should be able to attach your figure and twbx now.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I took a first stab at it. Not there yet, but maybe can be a starting point.
I think it may be accomplished using your dataset, but I split it up and used some custom SQL
to make combinations of each turnAni time with each code and tier.
Those I used as the dual axis as you'd suggested. The lines aren't continuous, just have maxed out size.
I didn't do it very efficiently, so this can all very likely be streamlined and simplified.
And there are a lot of points at 0 that need to be filtered out.
Thanks swaroop.gantela! It sounds like drawing a line like this is not supported and I will have to find some workaround.
You mentioned that there may be ways to clean up the solution you suggested. As I'm very new to Tableau, can you recommend some directions and resources for further investigation on this?
The attempt was made to give each code in each tier a StartTimeTurnAni value
that could then be plotted on each row and made to look like a line.
Here are further discussions on multiple reference lines:
The method used required another data table and SQL.
There is the possibility that it can be achieved using some method of self-joining.
That approach should simplify the process. I made some early attempts, but couldn't quite get it to work.
Was the data used in your sample twbx arranged in the same way that it comes to you
from your data source? If not, it may be useful to post a sample of how the data originally looks.
A nagging issue I had was trying to remove the marks at "0".
I would prefer not to fix the axis range, and so I tried using various filters,
but I couldn't get rid of the "0" marks without affecting the rest of the marks.
The format of my data is exactly the same as what I posted. I just anonymized the fields. It seems like this is much more complicated and involved than I expected to be. I'll need to do more studying around the links you provided. Thanks you so much for your help, swaroop.gantela!
The main problem I had with most solutions is that gannt chart are side ways. When I try other solutions that use a bar chart as dual axis (using calculation or some other means), the bars are going side ways. The best solution I see so far is swaroop.gantela's, by adding data to each row.