5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2015 1:24 PM by yunibia.lopez

Sparkler Certificate Error..?

Prem Reddy

Hi Tableau Experts,

I've been working on this integration from couple of months to make it successful, however got stuck at Final stage. Our set up is as described below:

1. Tableau Server with no " Enable Automatic Logon " with SSL and SAML configured. (Internet Exposed)

2. Sparkler Server set up with SAML configured. (Internet Exposed)

3. Salesforce with SAML configured.

All the three servers are configured on SAML with same IDP.

We have set up everything as desired but stuck with certification errors being thrown when trying to open Tableau Embedded Viz from Salesforce. However, when we allow the blocked content it loads the image without any issues.

But, my question is how to configure Sparkler Server with commercial certificate rather than Self Signed i.e. how to enable HTTPS for Tomcat using Commercial certificate(Look into Page 10 for my requirement in the pdf from the link below).

http://www.tableau.com/sfdc-canvas-adapter

As of now we are using Self Signed certificate generated following the document.

Another issue is that outside the network clicking the link of Tableau embedded Viz in Salesforce redirects to login page rather than loading the report.

If anyone has actually got any experience on the same, requesting to share the inputs.

Hoping to see any responses.

Thanks,

Paramesh

• 1. Re: Sparkler Certificate Error..?
          Prem Reddy

Hi Team,

Any suggestions or inputs would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Paramesh

• 2. Re: Sparkler Certificate Error..?
            Zeeshan Zuberi

Hi Prem,

Did you manage to get through this?

I've just started working on a similar setup however because I'm just doing a POC at the moment I've installed TomCat and Sparkler on the same server as Tableau server. Because Tableau server is already using SSL (star cert. from a trusted source) on the server I am not sure if I can use SSL for TomCat/Sparkler as well. So, I am relying on AWS ELB with the same star cert. from a trusted CA to redirect requests to sparkler. However, I'm not able to see the page with text 'I'm alive' when browsing to https://AWS-ELB-DNSName:8443. Instead I get a message saying connection refused. As per the documentation from www.tableau.com/sfdc-canvas-adapter I'm stuck on page 15.

Thanks.

Zeeshan.

• 3. Re: Sparkler Certificate Error..?
              Prem Reddy

Hi Zeeshan,

You need Tableau certificate to be imported which would be the later part, however for configuring Tomcat HTTPS I suggest you going with Commercial certificate to avoid any certificate errors.

Coming to your issue probably with the url you should be only Tomcat Apache page after allowing the certificate error, to see "I'm Alive" message you need to use below URL.

https://AWS-ELB-DNSName:8443/keepAlive

But, to confirm if everything is working fine you should be able to see Tomcat home page when accessing https://AWS-ELB-DNSName:8443.

If not then you need to first try troubleshooting that issue either by generating a self signed certificate or by using Commercial certificate and configuring server.xml file. You might need to start with page number 11 in the document.

Thanks,
              Paramesh

• 4. Re: Sparkler Certificate Error..?
                Zeeshan Zuberi

Paramesh,

Thanks so much for your helpful response. I managed to get it working after setting up Sparkler with self-signed certificate.

Regards,

Zeeshan.

• 5. Re: Sparkler Certificate Error..?
                  yunibia.lopez

Hi Prem, were you able to deploy Sparkler adapter to Heroku and using it in Salesforce? I'm trying to deal with that but no luck yet. I deployed Sparkler to Heroku but the keepAlive page is not showing, instead of that I got an Application error, the log looks like:

"2015-12-01T21:12:34.263113+00:00 app[web.1]: SEVERE

2015-12-01T21:12:34.325660+00:00 app[web.1]: Dec 01, 2015 9:12:34 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal

2015-12-01T21:12:34.325664+00:00 app[web.1]: SEVERE

2015-12-01T21:12:34.332640+00:00 app[web.1]: SEVERE

2015-12-01T21:12:34.335067+00:00 app[web.1]: Dec 01, 2015 9:12:34 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

2015-12-01T21:12:34.335070+00:00 app[web.1]: INFO

2015-12-01T21:12:36.010745+00:00 heroku[web.1]: State changed from up to crashed"

Any suggestions? I really appreciate any documentation or help that you can provide. Thanks.