4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 1:32 PM by kushwant singh

Issue with Calculated Field

kushwant singh

Hi All,

I am trying to find a count of a category which I have prepared using a calculated field but I am not getting it.

I have prepared a calculated field called "Adherence Category" from % Adherence.

Now I am trying to calculate the number of CSR's present in each Adherence category for their respective Managers but I am not getting it.

Please see below screenshot of the sample which I am trying to achieve, This is simple in pivot table :

Count of CSR NameColumn Labels
      Row LabelsExcellentPartially SuccessfulSuccessfulUnsuccessful(blank)Grand Total
      TEAM A169622
      TEAM B165618
      TEAM C173718
      TEAM D1103519
      TEAM F2114219
      Unassigned123
      (blank)
      Grand Total640252899

Please advise how can I create the same in Tableau.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Issue with Calculated Field
          pooja.gandhi

Kushwant,

It seems like the fomula was throwing off your calculation. If you change the calculation to:

if ([% Adherence])>0.95 then "Outstanding"

elseif ([% Adherence])>=0.93 and ([% Adherence])<0.95 then "Excellent"

elseif ([% Adherence])>=0.9 and ([% Adherence])<0.93 then "Successful"

elseif ([% Adherence])>=0.86 and ([% Adherence])<0.9 then "Partially Successful"

else "Unsuccessful"

END

this gets rid of the nested IF/THEN calc you previously had which is not really needed.

If you then place manager on rows, the new formula I provded above on columns and right click and drop CSR name on text mark on the marks type (select CNT in the pop up) should get you what you want. See sheet 7 in the attached 8.3 version WB.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Pooja.

• 2. Re: Issue with Calculated Field
            kushwant singh

Hi Pooja,

Thanks for your reply.

What you have shown in the above snapshot is the count of every record and what I need is the overall performance of the CSR.

Suppose a CSR has 30 records and his/her overall Adherence % (avg) is more than 95% then he/she should be Outstanding.

That was the reason I had taken AVG([% Adherence]) in the formula.

Currently what your table is showing the performance for every record and not at aggregated level.

I want to see on an average how many CSRs are under those brackets for respective Managers.

Regards,

Kushwant

• 3. Re: Issue with Calculated Field
              pooja.gandhi

Ok, I get it. This would become increasingly easier with access to tableau 9.0. Do you have access to Tableau 9.0?

• 4. Re: Issue with Calculated Field
                kushwant singh

Nopes,

I am using Tableau Version 8.3.

Thanks