1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 9:27 AM by Russell Spangler

Cincinnati Tableau User Group Event #5

Russell Spangler

I scheduled our next user group event, please see below and the following link for details.  You will need to signup for this event if you plan on attending (no walk-ins).

LINK FOR THE SIGNUP PAGE: Cincinnati Tableau User Group Event #5 Tickets, Cincinnati | Eventbrite

Event Details:

Please join us for the Cincinnati Tableau User Group Meeting #5 on Thursday August 27th hosted by 84.51°.

5:30 Introduction

5:40 Presentation by 84.51°

• How Tableau is used at 84.51°
      • Data Visualization Culture at 84.51°

6:00 Viz Makeover / Pimp My Viz

• How to Make an Impactful Viz
      • Review of Best Practices
      • Creative Techniques to Improve a Viz

6:30 Social Hour with Cocktails & Appetizers

7:30 Event Conclusion

Agenda Details:

For the first half of the event we will be welcoming a few folks from 84.51° to discuss how they are using Tableau and using data visualization within the company.  The second half of the event we will be reviewing different vizzes and we will discuss visualization and design techniques and make suggestions on different approaches to produce a more impactful viz.  There will be a social hour with light appetizers and cocktails after the presentations.

We are looking for submissions for the “Viz Makeover / Pimp My Viz” segment.  Please reach out to me or post on the user group page if you have a viz that you would like some help with.  Please only supply data that is publically shareable and also include your current design.  We will be taking a limited amount of submissions, so please do not hesitate if you are interested in participating (individuals do not have to present, but should plan on attending the event).

The signup page will close on August 19th at Midnight.  I need to supply a list of attendees for security and catering purposes, so I need to receive the majority of signups a week before the event.

• 1. Re: Cincinnati Tableau User Group Event #5
          Russell Spangler

We are still looking for individuals to submit workbooks to receive a makeover.  If you like to make a submission, please contact me.

Parking: There is a garage next to the venue (you can enter from 5th street), I believe parking will be between $5-$8 to park in the garage.  You may find cheaper parking within a few blocks (Fountain Square is $6 for weekdays after 4pm).  The entrance is on 5th street, I don't remember a lot of signage on the front the last time I was there, so you might have to keep an eye out for the entrance.  Once you enter the front door, there should be an desk in which you will need to check in at (you will need to provide the name you provided on the Eventbrite signup page). 

Don't forget, you need to signup to attend this event because of building security reasons, all attendees need to signup individually.  The signup page will close on August 19th at Midnight!