2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2016 12:21 PM by Arun Yadav

Getting issues while configuring tableau

pankaj kabra

I am trying to connect tableau with the salesforce canvas as per the documentation.

I have created pages and followed the things as mentioned in the doc but while rendering opportunity detail page i am getting this error.

See the screenshot attached.

I believe i am doing something wrong from configuration part/setting parameters.

Let me know what else i should post to get the proper support.

• 1. Re: Getting issues while configuring tableau
          Dan Heinz

you are missing  a setting in your Sparkler.xml file. The '(SET ME)' string should be replaced with the correct value whatever  that may be.

• 2. Re: Getting issues while configuring tableau
            Arun Yadav

Hi Dan Heinz,

I'm also trying to configure sparkler.xml. I am stuck at the same place,getting the below error message on sparkler status page.

sparkler.sfdc.useridentifierfield
            [invalid value - check startup logs

Attached is the screenshot.I am not clear with what information/format should I use in sparkler.xml in the below mentioned field.

<!-- Options to map from SF user identity to Tableau Server user name -->

<Environment override="false" type="java.lang.String" value="{SET ME}"  name="sparkler.sfdc.userIdentifierField"/>

Is the below entry correct ?

<Environment override="false" type="java.lang.String" value="email.user:abc@xyz.com" name="sparkler.sfdc.userIdentifierField"/>

Any help in this issue will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Arun