2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2015 1:34 PM by Sagar S

List of users having access to a workbook

Sagar S

Hi Everyone.

I am trying to build a report to find-- Which user has access permissions to a particular workbook and his role (Viewer/Interactor/Publisher). I have around 100 workbooks on the server. I tried to find a right table in Tableau Postgres database but was not successful. I would like to know your if I anyone has build something like this or if I missed the table in Postgres.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

• 1. Re: List of users having access to a workbook
          Jeff Strauss

there is a table called "nextgen_permissions" that holds much of the data you're looking for.  I had previously authored the attached query and plugged it into Tableau via custom SQL, and feel free to take it at your own risk.  The only element it doesn't retrieve is viewer, interactor, etc. but this is available on the _users table and is called licesning_role_name.  Also, if you haven't figured it out yet, you need to enable readonly access to the internal postgres repository to be able to tap into the data you need to get this done.  see tabadmin dbpass for this.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: List of users having access to a workbook
            Sagar S

Hi Jeffrey,

Yeah I figured the nextgen_permissions table and the have setup readonly user.But this was really very helpful. Thanks a lot. This made it really simple.